返回列表 发帖

Ture Nobility (真正高尚)

很喜欢这段文字,真的很喜欢,所以就转来了。
由此发现一个新现象,打英文比打中文还要累,原本我以为很方便的闹,嘻  

摘自《心境》
                       Ture  Nobility
        In  a  calm  sea  every  man  is  a  pilot.
        But  all  sunshine  without  shade, all  pleasure  without  pain, is  not  life  at  all. Tack  the  lot  of the  happiest --  it  is  a  tangled  yarn.Bereavements  and  blessings, one  following  another, make us sad  and  blessed  by  turns. Ever  death  itself  makes  life  more  loving. Men  come  closest  to  their true  selves  in  the  sober  moments  of  life, under  the  shadows  of  sorrow  and  loss.
        In  the  affairs  of  life  or  of  business, it  is  not  intellect  that  tells  so  much  as  character,  not  brains  so  much  as  heart, not  genius  so  much  as  selfcontrol, patience, and discipline, regulated by  judgment.
        I  have  always  belived  that  the  man  who  has  begun  to  live  more  seriously  within  begins to  live  more  simply  without.  In  an  age  of  extravagance  and  waste, I  wish  I  could  show  to  the world  how  few  the  real  wants  of  humanity  are.
        To  regret  one's  errors  to  the  point  of  not  repeating  them  is  true  repentance.  There  is  nothing  noble  in  being  superior  to  some  other  man.  The  true  nobility  is  in  being  superior  to your  previous  self.
译文:           真正高尚
        在平静的海面上人人都是舵手。
        但是如果只有阳光而没阴影,只有快乐而没痛苦,那便全然不是人生。即以幸福之人的遭遇来说,那也是一团纠结不清的纱线。亲人的死亡和上天的赐福接踵而来,使我们一阵悲伤一阵快乐。甚至死亡本身也会使人生变得更可爱。在人生清醒时刻中,在悲伤及失去的阴影下,人们最接近他们真实的自我。
        在人生庶务或事业中,智力所发挥的作用不如品格,头脑不如心境,天才不如经由判断力所规范的自制、耐心和纪律之遵守。
        我始终相信,内在生活愈严谨的人,他的外在生活便愈简朴。在这个奢侈浪费的时代,我希望能让世人了解,人类真正的需求是多么地少。
        懊悔自己的错失以致不再犯错才是真正的悔过。比某些人优越算不了高尚,真正的高尚在于超越自我。

返回列表 回复 发帖
右侧悬浮的QQ在线客服-www.codefans.net